Show simple item record

dc.date1942?
dc.date.accessioned2007-01-03T05:54:55Z
dc.date.accessioned2022-02-03T09:26:39Z
dc.date.available2007-01-03T05:54:55Z
dc.date.available2022-02-03T09:26:39Z
dc.identifierlibimagesNMHFM258
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11124/8806
dc.description#17 Benbow mine hoist house Nov. 15, 1942.
dc.descriptionDate scanned: 2001-04-03.
dc.descriptionIdentifier: NMHFM-258.
dc.descriptionUnmounted; text on verso.
dc.descriptionHeld in the National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum.
dc.description.abstractThomas C. Benbow discovered large deposits of chromium in the Stillwater River Valley in 1904. The Benbow claims were under development in the 1920s and housed workers in an adjoining camp, but work ceased in 1929 with the Depression. Development of the mine was intermittent until World War II, when the Anaconda Copper Mining Company expanded the operations and built roads, housing and mills at the site. After the War, most of the buildings and machinery were removed from Benbow.
dc.description.sponsorshipSponsored by the Colorado State Library, the regional library systems of Colorado, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
dc.publisherColorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
dc.rightsRights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
dc.subjectMine buildings
dc.subjectChromium mines and mining
dc.titleBenbow Mine hoist house
dc.typeStillImage
dc.contributor.institutionColorado Digitization Project
dc.contributor.institutionNational Mining Hall of Fame and Museum


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
nmhfm-258.jpg
Size:
355.6Kb
Format:
JPEG image
Description:
[Benbow Mine hoist house].

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record