National Gypsum Company, plant buildings
|Date scanned: 2002-6-18.
|NG-8; Views of plant buildings (Gold Bond Board to lathe plant.) Building on left houses office, maintenance dept., shops, warehouse and board plant. Building in center houses storage bins, sacking machines, cookers. Building on right houses crushers, grinders and hammer mills. National Gypsum Company, National City, Michigan. - F. G. Anderson - December 9, 1947.
|Held in the Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines.
|Donor: United States Bureau of Mines.
|The National Gypsum Company mill and manufacturing plant is shown. Manufacturing included "board," which probably refers to drywall board. A water tower is located next to the plant. The National Quarry (Tawas Quarry, Tawas Mine?) is an open pit gypsum mine near National City, Michigan operated by the National Gypsum Company. The mine was an important gypsum producer in Michigan for decades. The National Gypsum Company began working the gypsum deposit here in 1925 and the existing town was renamed National City.
|Colorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
|Rights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
|National Gypsum Company
|Gypsum industry and trade
|Mineral processing plants
|National Gypsum Company, plant buildings
|Anderson, F. G.
|Arthur Lakes Library
|Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive
|United States. Bureau of Mines