Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorPetersen, Max S.
dc.date1945-08
dc.date.accessioned2007-01-03T05:58:44Z
dc.date.accessioned2022-02-03T09:23:03Z
dc.date.available2007-01-03T05:58:44Z
dc.date.available2022-02-03T09:23:03Z
dc.identifierlibimagesU1150a
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11124/7186
dc.descriptionDate scanned: 2002-6-26.
dc.descriptionO-214; Car-dumping mechanism at shaft station. (Note warning bell and tail light on car.) Geneva-Davis Mine, Oliver Iron Mining Company, Ironwood, Michigan (Gogebic District) - M. S. Petersen - August 1945.
dc.descriptionHeld in the Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines.
dc.descriptionDonor: United States Bureau of Mines.
dc.description.abstractThe Geneva-Davis Mine (Geneva Mine) was an underground iron mine in the Gogebic district near Bessemer, Michigan. The Mine opened in 1887. It was operated by the Oliver Iron Mining Company before its closure in 1966. The Oliver Iron Mining Company was organized in 1892, and acquired many mineral properties in the northern iron ranges. By 1901 the Company was a division of United States Steel Corporation.
dc.publisherColorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
dc.rightsRights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
dc.subjectOliver Iron Mining Company
dc.subjectIron mines and mining
dc.subjectMining
dc.subjectOre handling and transportation
dc.subjectScenes, underground
dc.subjectUnderground mining
dc.titleGeneva-Davis Mine, car-dumping mechanism
dc.typeStillImage
dc.contributor.institutionArthur Lakes Library
dc.contributor.institutionRussell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive
dc.contributor.institutionUnited States. Bureau of Mines


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
u1150a.jpg
Size:
216.5Kb
Format:
JPEG image
Description:
[Geneva-Davis Mine, car-dumping ...

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record