Hiawatha #2 Mine, conveyor
|Petersen, Max S.
|Date scanned: 2002-6-6.
|USBM #60589; Conveyor belt, 30-inch; transporting filling for open stopes. Hiawatha #2 Mine, The M. A. Hanna Company, Iron River, Michigan. - M. S. Petersen - June 1945.
|Held in the Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines.
|Donor: United States Bureau of Mines.
|The Hiawatha mines near Stambaugh, Michigan was operated by the M. A. Hanna Company. The Hiawatha mines were located in the Menominee Range in Iron County, Michigan. The Dober, Duff and Isabella mines were operated as part of the Riverton Group of mines starting in 1882. In 1935 the mines were consolidated to form the Hiawatha #2 Mine and operated by the M. A. Hanna Company. The M. A. Hanna Company was one of the large mining companies that moved into the Michigan iron area in the early 1900s, consolidated smaller properties, and engaged in exploration for other economic deposits.
|Colorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
|Rights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
|M. A. Hanna Company
|Iron mines and mining
|Materials handling and transportation
|Hiawatha #2 Mine, conveyor
|Arthur Lakes Library
|Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive
|United States. Bureau of Mines