Andrews Mine, shaft house and rock dump
|Petersen, Max S.
|Date scanned: 2002-6-12.
|USBM #62990; Shaft house and rock dump. Andrews Mine, Cuba Mining Company, Shullsburg, Wisconsin. - M. S. Petersen - March 1946.
|Held in the Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines.
|Donor: United States Bureau of Mines.
|The Andrews Mine was an underground lead zinc mine near Shullsburg, Wisconsin operated by the Cuba Mining Company. Lead zinc ores were discovered in the upper Mississippi River Valley region, which included southwestern Wisconsin, in the 1820s. Shullsburg was settled as a lead mining town at this time. Many of Shullsburg's lead zinc mines operated through the 1940s and the last mine closed in the 1970s.
|Colorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
|Rights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
|Cuba Mining Company
|Lead mines and mining
|Zinc mines and mining
|Andrews Mine, shaft house and rock dump
|Arthur Lakes Library
|Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive
|United States. Bureau of Mines