Show simple item record

dc.date1989?
dc.date.accessioned2007-01-03T04:50:59Z
dc.date.accessioned2022-02-03T09:20:20Z
dc.date.available2007-01-03T04:50:59Z
dc.date.available2022-02-03T09:20:20Z
dc.identifier.urihttps://hdl.handle.net/11124/5587
dc.descriptionIdentifier: E0034.
dc.descriptionHeld in the Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines.
dc.descriptionDonor: David Mosch.
dc.description.abstractTwo students are shown underground at the Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
dc.publisherColorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
dc.rightsRights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
dc.subjectColorado School of Mines Experimental Mine
dc.subjectColorado School of Mines
dc.subjectEngineering education and training
dc.subjectScenes, underground
dc.subjectUnderground mining
dc.titleTwo students underground, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine
dc.typeStillImage


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
E0034.jpg
Size:
106.9Kb
Format:
JPEG image
Description:
[Two students underground, ...

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record