Student standing by fracture at face, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine
|Fracture @ face; 3/28/89.
|Held in the Russell L. and Lyn Wood Mining History Archive, Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines.
|Donor: David Mosch.
|A female student stands with a rock hammer by a fracture at the face of the exposure underground at the Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
|Colorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
|Rights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
|Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine
|Colorado School of Mines
|Engineering education and training
|Geology -- Colorado
|Student standing by fracture at face, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine