• Chlorite schist at face, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Chlorite schist is exposed at a face underground at the Edgar Mine. A person positions a tape measure next to the face for scale. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Two canoes in Clear Creek, Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Two canoes, one in the distance, are shown moving down Clear Creek during the Cardboard Canoe Race. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Granite exposure, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      An exposure of granite is shown at the incline underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Student at SL site, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      A student is shown at SL site underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Men operating drill, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Two men, probably a student and an instructor or mine operator, are shown operating a drill underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Students with Viking-inspired canoe, beginning of Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Students gather around canoe before the Cardboard Canoe Race. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Students at incline, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Two students are show at an incline underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Equipment, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Equipment is shown on the tunnel wall underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Mineralization at incline, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Mineralization on an exposure at the incline is shown underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Two students underground, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Two students are shown underground at the Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Students, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Three men, probably students, are grouped around equipment underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Spring area, C Rt, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Two canoes, Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Two canoes travel down Clear Creek at the Cardboard Canoe Race. The lead canoe is painted white and labeled with "Creek Crusaders" and is crewed by six students, three males and three females. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Four canoes in Clear Creek, Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Four canoes are shown moving down Clear Creek in the first half of the Cardboard Canoe Race. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Mine operator, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      A mine operator or instructor stands by equipment underground at the Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Backwards canoe, Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Three students ride a canoe backwards over rapids in Clear Creek during the Cardboard Canoe Race. A male student floats alongside, along with canoe debris. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Students carry a canoe to the start, Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Seven students carry a brown canoe to the start of the Cardboard Canoe Race. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Instructor, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      A man, probably an instructor or mine operator, is shown underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
    • Canoes tangled, Cardboard Canoe Race, Safar-E-Days 2007

      Two canoes tangle during the Cardboard Canoe Race. The canoe in the foreground is painted white with wavy black stripes. The 7th Annual Cardboard Canoe Race was held as a part of Safar-E-Days 2007, the E-Days celebration in March at the Colorado School of Mines. Teams built rafts composed of cardboard, duct tape and twine to race in Clear Creek.
    • Student and instructor, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine

      Two men, probably a student and an instructor or mine operator, work at equipment underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.